Worldwide, people who see Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners might go for any number of reasons…
- Acupuncture has been used to help people gain holistic wellbeing for thousands of years.
- It is conservatively estimated to be around 2,500 years old; some historians believe it is even older.
- Today it is in use in contemporary complementary (and some integrated health) practices all around the world.
- It has become firmly established as one of the more widely available complementary health options used in the West.
An Evidence Based Practice:
- Research published in 2009 found that Traditional Chinese Medicine accounted for approximately 1.3 billion outpatient visits within the Chinese public healthcare system in 2008 (1).
- The British Acupuncture Council has many online factsheets about the current state of research on acupuncture.
- The UK’s publicly funded National Health Service offers acupuncture for back pain, migraines and headache.
- The World Health Organisation now has many reports and guidelines on the use of acupuncture. Back in 2003, it produced a report synthesising the findings of many studies with evidence of benefit for a wide variety of listed conditions.
- To discuss your needs in complete confidence,
speak to Barcelona acupuncturist Ruth Westnidge:
call (+34) 662 260 128